To grow strong and healthy, your lawn requires proper nutrition and water. We look at the best Water Soluble Lawn Fertilizer lawn feeds to help your grass become lush and vibrant by increasing the nutrients in the soil. Before you make your decision, read the advantages and disadvantages of each product, as well as their features and our specific recommendations.
The EverGreen Complete 4-in-1 Lawn Care Bag is our top pick for granular lawn feed. With this fertilizer, you’ll notice a visibly greener lawn in seven days, as well as weeds that are limp and moss that is black and dead.
Our best liquid lawn feed is Tradefarmini Iron Sulphate Premium Soluble Fertilizer. This fertilizer is a multi-tasker that feeds your grassroots, conditions your lawn, kills moss, and controls weeds.
8 Best Water Soluble Lawn Fertilizer:
1. Scotts Miracle-Gro EverGreen
The EverGreen Complete 4-in-1 Lawn Care Bag is a multi-functional lawn care bag that works hard. This granular lawn care solution provides nutrients to your grass while reducing moss and destroying weeds.
It works seasonally to make your lawn the best it can be. You won’t have to wait long because the grass and moss will start to show results in just one week.
Weeds, on the other hand, take a little longer to react. If you follow the instructions and use a lawn spreader to ensure even dispersion, this product is simple to use.
This Evergreen lawn feed and weed granular product is a one-stop-shop for individuals looking for seasonal lawn maintenance that saves them time.
The majority of granular lawn feeds and fertilizers require a three-month interval between applications. You can give your grass that additional push when it needs it with water-soluble lawn feeds like Miracle-Gro Lawn Food.
Rather than penetrating the soil, the grass plant uses its roots to consume the nutrients. This type of soluble lawn feed is unique.
The food is sprayed on the grass and takes up residence in the plant’s leaves. As a result, the grass receives an injection of Nitrogen nearly immediately. This adds a lot of lush, green color to it.
It’s also quite effective!
The amount of nitrogen in total is 36 percent, which is quite significant. However, because it’s a soluble substance, there’s a chance it’ll burn the grass.
- Good soil conditioner
- Increased safety for fertilizing your lawn
- Easy to measure
- Excellent value for the money
- The grass turns a brighter green if there is too much of this fertilizer
- Try not to spray if it is windy outside
2. GUARD-EN-FORCE 10KG IRON SULPHATE PREMIUM LAWN TONIC
The Tradefarmini Iron Sulfate Premium Soluble Fertilizer is our best water-soluble lawn feed. This is yet another multi-purpose grass fertilizer.
Allow this product to green and condition your grass, remove moss and weeds, and harden your turf while you relax.
You’ll also notice that your slimy, unattractive worm casts have vanished. All you have to do is obtain a watering can or a sprayer with a fine nozzle and follow the simple measuring and mixing instructions.
You also don’t have to be concerned about scorching your lawn when applying the lawn feed solution. This is a virtually worry-free method of bringing your grass up to par.
What we appreciate best about this Tradefarmini feed is how simple it is to use. It has high water solubility.
Simply dissolve some in warm water, then mix this warm water with cold water to make it even easier to blend.
Then, using a fine hose or sprayer, put it in a watering container. If you have a large lawn, you may notice the moss blackening within two hours before you’ve finished the entire lawn.
Because this fertilizer can be used for several purposes, a 5kg tub will cover 5,000 square meters for greening and 6,250 square meters for moss killing.
It comes in a tub with an easy open and close clip top, making it convenient to keep.
- Three-in-one water soluble fertilizer greens and conditions your lawn, kills moss and toughens the turf.
- Simple to mix and apply, and then use with a watering can and sprayer.
- The high coverage area for both greening and moss killing.
- Easily stored in optimum conditions in an easy to close and open clip top tub.
- Works almost instantly as a moss killer.
- Helps prevent lawn issues such as worm casts.
- Only kills surface moss.
- Acidifies the ground after long-term use.
3. Scotts Lawn Builder Lawn Food
The Scotts Lawn Builder Lawn Food Bag is an excellent alternative for lawn specialists who demand superior results and like maintaining their lawns on a regular basis.
It’s a scorch-free fertilizer that doesn’t need to be watered. Simply apply with a lawn spreader, such as the Scotts or EverGreen models, which are recognized for distributing evenly. Hand-spreading the fertilizer on your lawn is also an option, but you must label treated areas to avoid over-application.
Also, if you’re applying them by hand, make sure you’re wearing gloves. This lawn feed should be applied between March and September, or according to Scotts’ suggested annual routine.
The nitrogen in the fertilizer assures a thicker, harder grass for months.
The slow-release granules provide your grass with needed nitrogen day after day, ensuring that it remains healthy for a long period.
Your grass will benefit from uniform greening without the need for additional mowing and growth spurts.
- Greens in only seven days and maintains results for months.
- Won’t scorch your grass even though you don’t water it in.
- Easy to use the lawn feed – can be spread by hand or using a lawn spreader.
- No surge growth due to slow nutrient release and water smart formula.
- Doesn’t need watering in, thus it can be spread even in hot dry conditions.
- One 8kg bag covers a relatively large area – 400m2.
- Doesn’t control moss or kill weeds.
4. Sportsmaster Spring and Summer Professional Fertilizer
Although the Sportsmaster Spring and Summer Professional Fertiliser isn’t the quickest-acting lawn feed we’ve tested, speed isn’t everything. This combination fertilizer of small granules is easy to apply to your lawn with a delightfully even distribution if you can wait six weeks to see the outstanding results.
For active grass growth, use this lawn care product, like all others, between April and September – the beginning of spring and the end of summer. Because of its fast dissolution into the soil, it has been carefully engineered to limit the risk of scorching the grass. Even if you apply it thickly, the turf will still be scorched.
- Application time is anytime between April and September for the best results.
- Breaks down rapidly and makes it easy for the uptake of minerals and nutrients into the soil.
- Lowers the risk of scorching because it disintegrates into the soil after watering the lawn.
- Free sample pack of 100g of Gardeners Dream Grass Seed is included in case you need to reseed some thinning areas of grass.
- It has a longevity of 6 weeks, a turf response of 7 days and a granule dispersal of 4-5 days.
- High phosphate and potash levels encourage harder growth and better root development for luscious growth.
- Ensures even growth, quality and color over the whole area.
- No moss or weed killing properties.
- Takes six weeks to see results.
5. Ferromel 20 Iron Sulphate Premium Lawn Conditioner and Lawn Feed
Ferromel 20 Iron Sulphate PREMIUM Lawn Conditioner and Lawn Feed is a moss killer, a lawn feed, and a lawn greener/conditioner.
It also aids in lawn hardening, which keeps it healthy. This lawn care product has been proven to aid in the treatment of iron chlorosis in horticulture.
This grass conditioner and feed dissolve in water to form a solution that ensures an even and accurate application. You can also use a spreader to apply it and then water the lawn to activate it. It’s so effective as a moss killer that you’ll notice the moss blackening and withering within hours.
His fertilizer is primarily utilized during the grass-growing season. Do not walk on the freshly cut grass after treating your lawn, as this will inhibit proper nutrition delivery to the plants.
This fertilizer can also be used to feed acid-loving plants. To build a long-lasting store of nutrients, mix it with compost or, for even better results, dig it into the soil. Heathers and rhododendrons, which dislike lime, use it as a dietary tonic.
- Extremely powerful and high quality three in one formula that encourages strong growth and healthy dark green grass while killing moss and weeds.
- Helps to prevent lawn diseases by hardening the turf and reducing and destroying worm casts.
- Easy to use because the measurements are easy to follow.
- Results take four to five days to become visible.
- Each mini granule contains the right proportion of nutrients so every part of your lawn gets what it needs.
- High phosphate and potash levels encourage harder growth and better root development.
- Also useful as a plant tonic for feeding acid loving plants in the garden.
- Stains hard surfaces if spilled.
6. Balanced 16-4-8 Nutrient Liquid Fertilizer
Lawn fertilizers are one of the most common chemicals used to keep lawns looking healthy and unique. A variety of natural and synthetic fertilizers are available to aid in the development of a healthy and attractive lawn. Let’s have a look at some of the most popular choices:
Fertilizers in liquid form This is the most commonly used type of fertilizer for lawns. Liquid fertilizers are made by combining a variety of nutrients for the grass. This mixture can be sprayed in a liquid form.
Some liquid lawn fertilizers are extremely concentrated and may require dilution before application because they are not blended with water.
- Excellent value for money
- Upgraded sprayer included
- Lawns look fuller and healthier
- Contains seaweed extract for natural fertilization
- Works great on many types of lawns
- Available in one size only
- Product has been reported to change color
- Instructions for use are not detailed
- Can be overused if directions are not followed correctly
- May be harmful for humans and animals
7. Safer Brand Ringer Lawn Restore
- Revitalizes lawn to a thick turf by strengthening root systems
- Lawns will green up within 3 to 5 days
- Promotes a robust root system for a healthier lawn
- Provides effective year-round care by helping plants withstand heat, cold and drought stresses
- Covers up to 6,250 sq ft
Bestlawngear.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Fertilizing your lawn is essential for maintaining its health. Using fertilizers to keep your lawn healthy will improve its appearance and reduce the amount of time spent on upkeep.
This fertilizer is made up of natural plant materials that have been enriched with essential nutrients.
It also contains germs that are beneficial to grass, promoting root growth and general grass health.
It is also environmentally friendly, making it suitable for both commercial and residential applications.
This product also comes with a pre-measured application bag, making it simple to use. For convenient re-use, each bag has a resealable opening. It’s also a healthier option because it doesn’t emit pollutants that are damaging to humans, plants, or the environment.
- Easy application
- Affordable price
- Faster results with just one application
- Resealable bag
- Using it in high grass requires more applications
8. FoxFarm Grow Big Soil Liquid Concentrate Fertilizer
This gallon bottle of soil liquid concentrate fertilizer goes a long way in comparison to other products. It may cover up to 20,000 square feet if blended properly.
FoxFarm Grow Big Soil Liquid Concentrate Fertilizer is a comprehensive blend of major, minor, and micronutrients that is organically based. But, exactly, what does that imply? It means you can use this product on more than just your grass; you can also use it on roses, flower beds, herbs, gardens, and other plants. Nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium are abundant.
The jug’s drawback is that it’s best used within a few seasons of purchase. It may crystalize if it is left to mature for too long.
- Organic-based concentrate
- Comprehensive blend of major, minor, and micronutrients
- Rich in nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium
- Works on roses, flowers, herbs, and more
- May cause phosphorus runoff
- May crystalize after some time
Regular feeding and maintenance are always beneficial to lawns. A pleased (and proud) lawn owner equals a healthy lawn. Lawn feed with a handy, easy-to-use application that produces lush green and colorful results is a must-have in every garden shed. And a multi-tasking lawn feed that also kills weeds and moss is essential for saving time and work in the garden.